Fibromyalgia and sensory overload to sounds.
"Are you not listening to me?" This is a question I am often asked and I always feel a massive sense of guilt at times due to sensory overload as it is such a difficult symptom to explain well. It is hard enough getting people to accept the pain and chronic fatigue associated with fibromyalgia so other symptoms become even harder.
Another sign was public transport became hell.
- Clusters of people having different conversations.
- Bass sound from people with poor quality headphones.
- Children screeching.
- Babies crying.
- The engine sounds.
- The doors opening and closing.
- People pressing the bell.
- People talking into mobile phones.